I was one of the lucky ones that received a certificate for a free HL item. Since my dealer always gives me the lowest number HL when it comes in I was lucky enough to have it in mine Big Sable #289. I know that they did not go through the boxes and move the certificates around since I watched them take it out of the UPS box it was shipped in and open it for inspection. However, having read some of the posts I do have several comments on this issue and some others concerns.

First off if HL wanted to make this a random process they could have done several things that could have insured a "better" system. One simple thing is don't put the cerrificate in the box, but keep a list that associates a number with the prize and when someone registers the HL then they are notified that they won. This gets people to register and rewards those that do. Thus no moving certificates, no worry about fairness, or lack of, and you encourage people to register. Also since these numbers would probably only be associated with the autoships you cover your dedicated collectors as the primary audience.

However, I view this process a little differently. As I read somewhere HL just sort of thought of this and did it. This is the sign of a small customer oriented business that is more concerned about the customers, the product, and the fun of doing business, then an organized, cover all politically correct options, see if we can make more money with this promotion company. One of the things that I like about Younger & Associates and their people is that it is a small, close knit, friendly, know your customers personally, type of operation. I have found that this also carries over to the collectors and I have had as much enjoyment meeting and working with the collectors, as I have with enjoying the products. Personally I hope that they retain this impromptu, lets try something different attitude that makes me feel like I'm dealing with a close friend, not a bottomline company. I say keep up the good work and keep trying different ideas that benefit at least some of the customers some of the time, and maybe they will comeup with a bonus for all of the customers all of the time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.