The debate has shifted gears just a bit. If we are going to wave the flag about lighthouse preservation then the next natural request would be to ask Harbour Lights to donate, I'll use a $1, for every LE they sell. Rod if you read this could you come up with a dollar figure of how much money that would have been raised since HL 101? That would be well over $20,000 for the Statue of Liberty! $5,500 for the Hatteras LE, how much for the GLOW? How much for the "On the Move"? Just examples, but imho the money coming from GLOWS is not impacting as many lighthouses as it could if the good intentions of Harbour Lights were expanded. Certainly this is only for debate about the sums of money GLOWS are earning for restoration. I have a pretty good idea how much money Harbour Lights donates and I would never suggest they are not doing their part! Hence the "Restoration Series"!

And lastly, I only have good things to say about Jim Johnston and his preservation efforts but I think the day Pottawatomie becomes a GLOW it will be seeing it's Bicentennial Celebration. I like Jim probably want nothing more than for it to be made into the "Preservation Series"! Nothing but more good things to come from Harbour Lights! LOL

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 07-06-2001).]