Tony Constantino:

Quote:
Good Wednesday Morning!

I am pleased to see offering the Founder’s Collection has stirred up controversy; it is very healthy for the brand!

I think there are several issues that need clarification:

1.)The Founder’s Collection remains Bill Younger’s property; the Collection was moved to West Kennebunk from El Cajon where the cost of storing approximately 40 pallets is less expensive.

2.)The current management of Harbour Lights has every intention of continuing the Harbour Lights tradition of supporting the restoration of Lighthouses in the United States. Offering this Collection will in no way diminish the commitment to Lighthouse Preservation. Our parent company, Lighthouse Marketing Ltd. has since its inception, contributed and continues to contribute to preservation and restoration.

3.)Clearly only Edition #1 is up for a “sealed auction”; the reserve is $6,975.00, monies over the reserve will be donated to the Thomas Point Restoration in Bill’s name.

4.)Edition #’s 2-10 are not being auctioned, they are being sold in Tiers at issue price; as a complete numbered set, in increments of 80 and also in increments of 40 all at issue price.

This Collection is valuable not only monetarily but more importantly its historic value is priceless. In making our decision to sell the Collection in this manner, we felt that the collectible integrity was priority.

Why did I choose not to publish the Collection in the Forum or “on line”? The simple answer is out of respect to our Dealer network, Harbour Lights feels that we need to support our Dealers. Why not take a few minutes and go to your preferred Dealer and learn about the Founder’s Collection?

I welcome your comments; directly at tconstantino@harbourlights.com
Or call me 800.365.1219

A.J. Constantino
Director of Sales and Marketing