Quote:
Playing the devil's advocate, which one of you wants to fund the full time employee to sell the many accumulated lights one at a time?
Even though it takes more time and money to sell individually I believe anytime a collection is sold as a group the collection takes a beating on what it could really bring in. Usually what happens is the person that bought the collection turns around and sells the pieces for a profit or ones he don’t want. I am positive that what ever it takes to pay for help to sell them individually will be compensated by the increased profit of individual sales and the collectors will get a better deal.

If money is an issue for paying for help I am sure HL could find volunteers that would help out. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. I will volunteer one week to help organize, tag lighthouses and answer emails concerning the lights if HL fly’s me up and pays for room and board Or just throw a mat in the warehouse with a portable heater (I am from Florida) and a TV. I am capable of surviving off of diet coke, oatmeal and “a one a day”. I can send a resume if need. I am a registered Architect and since I design schools and am a 4H leader I already have had two background checks.

Quote:
We all want to make decisions based on personal desires and overlook the fact that this must be done in a timely, business like manner. Lighthouse Marketing is doing their best to get the dealer network involved in this.
My opinion is based on what is good for the HL collector not myself. If this looks like only those with allot of money have a chance to win I may not even participate. To many times things are based on money and not what is good for whole. I feel that it is HL’s duty to make sure that every one of their HL collectors has a reasonable shot at getting a single number with an individual bid. If I can bid more on one light than anyone else, how is it fare that one with a lower bid can win mine because of bidding on bulk?

Quote:
Must be we aren't the only ones running out of room???
Good one Mombo

Oh Ya
I am okay with the number 1's being action off as one bid. We can give one to Mr. Money Bags.
And at least we know what the perimeters are with this bid.

DANIEL