Quote:
Playing the devil's advocate, which one of you wants to fund the full time employee to sell the many accumulated lights one at a time?
Have them bring Bill's Collection to my house. I'll take care of selling them right from here. I'll even put them in my curios on display.

Quote:
We all want to make decisions based on personal desires and overlook the fact that this must be done in a timely, business like manner. Lighthouse Marketing is doing their best to get the dealer network involved in this.
No one blames them for doing what they're doing. It's just a shame that these treasures can't go to the multitudes who hold Harbour Lights on a pedestal. It's a shame they can't be spread out amongst all the faithful collectors who love this stuff. It would be one of those equal opportunity things.

Quote:
Not a perfect system to move the lights on to new owners, and it does favor the larger checkbook.
Not really, Dave. Most checkbooks are the same size. The real difference is how much money is in that checkbook that can be considered expendable.

Quote:
I sure can't blame the folks in Wells for trying this approach in an attempt to expedite the process as much as possible.
How about a fast and easy auction! Figure out the actual number of pieces they want to sell and post that to all dealers and on the Collector Forums. Put all individual pieces in unmarked boxes so no one actually knows what piece is in that box. Then have a raffle with the same amount of tickets available as there are pieces available. Charge $250 a ticket with the promotion that every ticket will be a winner. One ticket per person unless the initial sale does not sell them all.

Quote:
I sure would love the have the funds to be able to buy the #1s available...
Hurry, Dave! Did up all the cash you have buried in the backyard before the ground freezes!

Quote:
I will settle to be happy that someone will end up with a real treasure trove.
I don't want to see "GoldenPalace.com" get these, Dave! I want to see them spread out to the faithful.

Quote:
BTW, I bet that if you asked you could obtain a listing of the flag numbers you might be interested in bidding on.
Come on, Dave! If you got'em, post'em!!!

laugh Bob laugh