Even though my husband and I have been married only 2½ years, we do a lot of Lighthousing activities. I am active in the FLA, though my husband hates the meetings, he comes with me to as many as he can. When planning our vacations, the destination always revolves around where the most lighthouses are and how we can get to them. Two weeks ago a good friend of my husband got killed and we had to drive to Northwest Georgia to the funeral. I took the day off from work and we headed up there. After the funeral, my husband asked me what the closest Lighthouse was that I hadn't seem yet. The only lighthouse that was open & that was kind of close was Huntington Island Lighthouse in SC, so we drove the rest of the day and night to make it near Huntington. The next morning we visited the lighthouse and later that day the Tybee Lighthouse.

My husband's work takes him all of the US, but he always asks for the jobs that are located in a state that has lighthouses so that when I come visit him, we can take a few days off and visit the lighthouses in the area! My husband doesn't love lighthouses like I do (I'm still working on him wink ), but he has a respect for them. He loves the history behind them and the area. Whenever possible, we visit forts (which my husband loves), War Museums, or Nascar Speedways. This way we both win.

I believe that visiting Lighthouses and collecting HL's is good for our marriage. My husband buys me HL's, and I buy him die cast cars of Tony Stewart. We always have a possible gift for each other. And we always have lots of places to visit. smile

I figure at this rate, we'll be married forever! And I look forward to each and every day and lighthouse of it! laugh

BJE

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org