Tony, Bob, & Daniel have some really good comments, most I agree, a few I don't.

Over the last year I think we have turn the tide back to where HL collecting is on the right track. I've been trying to convince my local dealer of this. He's a little reluctant to agree just yet, but he's been living the downward trend the of the 1999-2005 years.

In my opinion, Ebay is not the cause of the collectable collapse, the cause is actually a poor economy since 2001. Everything has gotten so expensive. The cost of living has risen at least 20%.

Add that to the fact that we HL collectors are on you know what side of the hill. Our incomes are getting less and less. After you pay for food, utilities, taxes, gas, etc., their isn't much left anymore.

The one thing about Ebay that does hurt collection HL's is those HL dealers that are selling new releases for far less than retail.

To try to end on a positive note. What Harbour Lights has done in 2007, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in 2008, collecting HL's are definately on the up swing.

It's also great to see all the those "long-timers" as I call them, and us rather "newbies" hang in there!!!

Tony is right, The best is yet to come !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.