It is obvious that the good old days are gone. But were they better? Is the hunt really gone? I must admit I do miss the excitement in the early days, learning which lighthouses were “HOT” and how to go about finding them. I guess it is like the early days of when you first dated your mate. Yes they where exciting days then but where they really better then than today or was it just a different stage.

I propose that we are not in a less exciting collecting era but a different one. There are still lighthouse hunts they are no longer done by driving your car from dealer to dealer but from the computer searching the Ebay and following up the latest leads that are released on this forum.

I know this may surprise many but I feel that we are in the best times for collecting Harbour lights. I just went over some of the old forum post and there was dissatisfaction of how Harbour Lights used to be run. Collectors kept crying out to what seemed liked death ears. Collectors wanted collectables again and not so many Lighthouses. I think we are now seeing a turn around and I look forward to 2008 to see what’s happening for the future. Who knows maybe we will once again have to get into our cars to find the dealers with the latest lighthouses that are “HOT”

Here is a list what we have today that we didn’t have in the good old days.

1. We now have a Harbour Lights that is working on making Harbour Lights a collectable again.
2. We have a Harbour Lights that actually participates on the forums.
3. Many of the forum members work hand and hand with Tony and Harry with developing ideas.
4. Harbour Lights have released many low limited releases. Four special editions LLOM limited to 300 and a highly collectable lighthouse stamp set limited to 1500. Low issue White Mac (500) and low issue matching Taneys (600). And many lighthouses with a production of no more than 1500.
5. A rare forum exclusive limited to 500.
6. A chance to buy at retail some of the founders collection.
7. We have a forum filled with knowable collectors and lighthouse enthusiast that can answer questions.
8. We have an electronic bidding system called ebay where collectors can find those hard to find pieces.

DANIEL