Quote:
How long are we supposed to give the new owner to settle in? 6 months...a year? I am not a patient person, maybe all of you are. But if the new owner is a member of the CF, he has to be reading our concerns. Can't he jump in and let us in on what we can expect?
Hi Cathy, ...One would think that a business such as Harbour Lights would be planning ahead by about 18-24 months. Now we factor in new ownership with a company move from the west coast to the east coast and a reasonable transition period may be as long as two years.

Prices will go up. Harbour Lights is a business and they must turn a profit to survive.

There is concern about why a person should pay more for something that was on the store shelf for a couple of bucks less the day before. That's the cost of doing business, and that cost goes up for the businesses just like it goes up for the consumer.

The sad part is some people/collectors may fall by the wayside because their budgets cannot handle all the increases thrown at them.

How much more does everyone pay for food, clothing, and shelter nowadays? How much more do you pay for transportation? At the rate the prices of all the basics are going up, it makes you wonder how much expendable cash there will be left to buy things like collectibles.

I guess the bottom line is do what you can afford to do and hope for the best in the future. I encourage everyone to speak their mind when it comes to Harbour Lights and hope that our concerns will be addressed.

Harbour Lights needs a good size group of core collectors to insure success. If you are reading this you are probably a connected collector. Whatever your level of purchases are, you are not a flash in the pan. You are now, or will be a repeat customer in the future. You are an educated consumer and Harbour Lights would like you to be around for a long time.

smile Bob smile