Quote:
Originally posted by catzb1:
How long are we supposed to give the new owner to settle in? 6 months...a year? I am not a patient person, maybe all of you are. But if the new owner is a member of the CF, he has to be reading our concerns. Can't he jump in and let us in on what we can expect?

confused Cathy confused
I'm at a loss as to why any of us would expect a business person to let us in on their plans.

Would it be nice- sure but I think it's a bit presumptuous of us to feel that Don should have to check in here with us about every thing they plan on doing or are doing.

We did not get all that info from the Younger Family and we shouldn't expect it from the new owners.

I agree that it's good business to keep your customers informed as much as possible and I'd like to know what the plans are as well but we need to stop feeling an entitlment to this information here.

As Bob points out as connected as we are here we are just a small part of the whole picture.

Just my opinion and not intended to be pointed at any individual- even though I did quote Cathy's post.

Dennis