Ever the demographer, you pose an interesting question. I think it would also be interesting to know the average age and income of the genus WackoLigthouseous. Age tends to bring out interests in things historical. And the price of one of these little puppies could probably feed a family in Madagascar for a couple months. No doubt HL has a pretty good idea on this data.

At least 200 million on-line by Y2K.

Based on exposure to a large group of Wackos, sub-Wackos, proto-Wackos, latent-Wackos, and Wacko-wannabes at the two Reunions, it would not surprise me in the least if there are more Wackos who are not regular participants in these fora than who are. Most folks sufficiently well-to-do to collect plaster lighthouse models are smart enough to have better things to do with their time. (vbg). Ancient Mariners may have more time on their hands but are less likely to be on line. (I continually marvel at my Dad who at 76 just bought a new computer and was tickled to find his son in the photo gallery).

It also wouldn't surprise me to learn that at least 65%-75% of HL collectors have a computer and that 96.4% of them own a microwave oven. And half of these have a VCR that is set at 00:00 with at least 60% of *these* on AOL. (g,d&r)

Sure there's lotsa Wacko's out there who aren't visiting the Internet. Many more who are on the Net but do not visit here.

Only they know what we are missing. :-)

Rgds,
__
/im (Archetypic On-Line phenotype of the Wacko genotype)

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 02-10-99).]