When you make collectible items that are too rare, they become inaccessable to 85 percent of the consumer population. I did not purchase Hillsboro because of it's high price and the fact that I could not see it in person. If I was able to see it in a store and love it, I could justify the money, but on speculation, no. If pieces were made so scarce that I could only afford two or three a year, I would drop the HL line. Right now, I'm able to purchase about two per month and it's fun because I am able to locate retired pieces that are affordable.

For those of you who choose to buy Harbour Lights lighthouses because they can increase in value, then buy bonds or certificates. If you buy them like I do, because I love the look of them, then you appreciate the pieces you can afford to own. I agree that there could be two or three releases that are limited to 6500, but there should also be some that are 9000.

I like the size of GLOWs. I have a few of the older ones and I am disappointed in the smallness of them. If I wanted a small "giftware" item, I'd purchase a replica of a lighthouse from a novelty store for $6.00 to $12.00.

Is it possible that the price of older pieces are coming down because compared to the new LE's they are just not as artistic? I had the opportunity yesterday to buy Umpqua, St. George or St Joseph for retail and decided not to spend my money on those when I could buy Cove Island or Hudsons Athens. I think the new pieces have had more of a negative influence on secondary market prices of LE's than GLOW's have.

Joanne