Okay you new owners of the FC HL's, let's hear what you have to say about those rare pieces now in your collections. You can rate them individually, as a group, or both.

I'll start it off by saying the nine HL's I received are very obviously brand new. They are perfect. The boxes are very crisp and clean and would be considered mint. The older HL's have the green styrofoam peanuts you would expect with those older pieces. The newer pieces have the styrofoam mold you would expect with those pieces. On a scale of one to ten with ten being the best possible, I would rate the conditions of all pieces and boxes as a ten.
Now I will give you my personal opinion of each piece individually starting with the oldest:

HL 129 New London Ledge is one of my favorite HL's. Having flag #8 is definitely a thrill for me. I thought when I ordered a single digit HL 129 I would be receiving a Canadian green water variation with a lightning rod. Needless to say, this this is a brand spanking new Malaysian with blue water. :rolleyes:

HL 133 Tybee Island is a favorite southern belle of mine. Having flag #3 makes this piece the lowest flag number in my collection. When I ordered this piece I thought I would be getting a rare Canadian with the white Castle Studio Box. Needless to say, this piece is a brand new Malaysian. :rolleyes:

HL 144 Heceta Head is a piece I did not request. The packing slip listed it as flag #7 but it is actually flag #5. No surprises here because it is a brand new Malaysian mold with a blue HL box. My only disappointment is it took the place of other HL's I would rather have had instead. eek

HL 163 Cape Canaveral is a brand new Malaysian piece that I requested. My only disappointment is the flag number is listed with three digits "008". I would have preferred to have just the single digit "8". :rolleyes:

HL 164 Pemaquid Point is a favorite HL of mine. With the addition of the piece from the Founder's Collection, I now have five of them. Until I received the FC pieces, the lowest flag# in my collection was "012" on a Pemaquid Point. Once again, I was a little disappointed that it came through with the three digit "008" instead of the single digit "8". :rolleyes:

HL 173 Mantinicus Rock is a nice piece from a neighboring State in my neck of the woods. Once again, I would have preferred "8" instead of "008". :rolleyes:

HL 188 Beavertail is a great HL with the gold tower variation and a single digit flag #8. No surprises here. I got what I hoped for. laugh

HL 280 Bullocks Point is a favorite lost light whose remains are close to the Marina where I keep my boat. I got flag #7 and I'm very pleased with it. Once again, no surprises with this piece. laugh

HL 284 Clark's Point came through with flag #7. I'm grateful to own such a low number on a piece that is only about 40 minutes from my home. No surprises here. I got what I ordered.

Biggest disappointment was no Canadian pieces for me in the single digit flag numbers. Second biggest disappointment was that I received an inquiry from Harbour Lights about my ultimate first choice from tier 1 and I told them HL 128 Southeast Light. I was told that wouldn't be a problem. Apparently it was. Slight disappointment was receiving HL 144 Heceta Head, which I didn't order, instead of getting another piece from my wish list. Slight disappointment is the two extra zeros in some of my flag numbers. Other than the disappointments listed above, I feel fortunate to own these pieces from the Founder's Collection.

Bob M.