Quote:
If I understand this correctly, you have to be a society member (I am) and you pay $20.00 for a chance to buy the lighthouses at retail. If my name is not picked, I am out the $20.00 but if my name is picked, I get a single digit lighthouse. Is this correct?
Yes. If you win, you have the opportunity to purchase three of Bill's collection at retail. If you do not win, you are out of the twenty dollars just like if you bought a raffle ticket.
However, one important clarification needs to be made.
If HL followed my original proposal of the number #7 and #9 set aside for collectors, this would allow around 166 collectors ( I did a rough estimate) to win the chance to buy three.
This is the good part.
If only 166 participated, all 166 would get three.
If 249 participated, you would have a 75% chance of winning.
If 332 participated, you would have a 50/50 chance of winning.
I doubt that any more than 300 collectors would participate.
I am leaning more around 150 to 200.
These are good odds.

O-Ya. And if there was less than 166 participants it would go back around again where collectors would have another chance at three.

Besides the good will and excitement my proposal would create, it would bring in a lot of money in for the society membership. I feel many collectors let their membership laps and this would get many collectors to renew it.

If you believe in my proposal, chime in and say so. Remember this is not over until Nov 30th. Amendments can be made before that time.

DANIEL