Just a refresher.
My proposal was for two numbers of the founder’s collection to be set aside for random drawings. As Collectors would win the drawing, they would buy three lighthouses.
An older L.E., a newer L.E. and a glow, all at retail that would total some where around $180
I proposed two numbers out of the 2 to10, set aside for us collectors. It could have been just one number if not enough collectors were involved.

The idea was to leave the existing plan that Harbour Lights and Bill younger all ready agreed upon. The only difference was to take two numbers out and make them randomly available to all collectors. If this is too much at least give us collectors one number. We could use the existing groups that HL has listed and divide them into three. The good, the medium and the GLOW.

I do not think everyone understands the big picture.
The three lighthouses will cost around $180 but they will be valued at much more.
I would think you should be able to sell a single digit glow for twice retail if not three times. What if you were one of the collectors that got to pick the first week? Maybe you would have a chance at the Sandy Hook or St Augustine. I would think one of those should go for $600 and would not be unheard of if it went for $1000 or more.
As I said before after the founder’s collection is sold we may have a flooded market on some of the lights and it will take a few years for their prices to rebound. It all depends on how many buyers are going to hold on to what they have and how many are going to sell.
The older lights will not be affected too much by this but the Glows will. Even still any light from the founders collection will be a treasure to behold. If the $180 is too much for some collectors I think we could find collectors that would buy one or two lights off of them for retail. This would allow collectors to buy one if that is all they could afford.

There is no magic in the number 30 for supporters; it is just a number I picked out that I thought would look impressive. I appreciate the support and I don’t blame anyone At HL. I realize the ball is already rolling and the plan is put into place, but I feel that it is wrong that most of the collectors will not have a chance and that is why it is hard for me to let this drop.

DANIEL