The November issue of Lighthouse Digest went in the mails yesterday to about 25,000 subscribers who will find a four color full page ad for Lighthouse Stickers on the inside front cover.

This is the official launch of the Lighthouse Stickers project. By tomorrow, the web site's Shopping Cart program should be active.

Initially, you'll find 'Buy' buttons for the sets of stickers such as the state sets and some regional sets (such as Outer Banks, Door County, etc.)

When this shopping cart is fully active, you'll be able to select and order individual stickers. Once the cart program is working, I'll post a reply here and you'll find an 'Introductory Special' exclusively for Forum members.

Over the past week, I've revised each of the almost 650 existing images, tweaking some of the images, but mostly revising and making more consistent the typography on each sticker.

These revised images can now be seen on the LighthouseStickers.com web site.

I have about 140 more images to go before my goal of having at least one sticker for every USA Lighthouse is reached. I hoped to have that done yesterday, but will extend that self-imposted deadline to the end of November.

The first dealer order for multiple products was received from the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum and they should have their stickers, passports and journals by the middle of this month. In the past, orders for single products were received from The Calvert Marine Museum (Drum Point and Cove Point Lighthouses), Hunting Island State Park SC, Fire Island Lighthouse, and the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts (Cape May Lighthouse).

Lighthouse Depot should have products in the store and on their web site also within a couple of weeks.

Thanks to the great photographers -- most of them well-known Forum members -- for participating in this project. Meet the photographers here .

In addition to the photographers, I've received a lot of ideas and moral support from many, many of the Forum members for which I am very greatful. This has been a big undertaking (but a labor of love) for me over the past 4 months and the positive feedback from many of you has kept me going. Thanks so much.

In working on this project, I've learned a lot about lighthouses -- especially ones I've never heard of or had heard of, but never saw a picture of before.

On the commercial side, special thanks to Harbour Lights, Lighthouse Depot, the American Lighthouse Foundation and the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum for their early encouragement and support of the concept.