Quote:
I've yet to see a Point Vicente on eBay or anywhere else besides The Green Book Guide.
I forgot about Point Vicente. Only two in existence and I think we may be able to establish where one of them is if the collector from South Carolina kept it after his winning bid of $10,300 at the First Collector's Reunion in 1997. Where is Point Vicente #2? Lord only knows. Perhaps a member of the Younger Family kept it. Perhaps the original sculptor kept it. Maybe Harry Hines has it. Perhaps a member of the CF may be able to enlighten us as to it's current owner.

Point Vicente is the rarest of the rare I guess, but there maybe another piece just as rare. What was the piece that Fred Kuhlman won at auction at the Baltimore Reunion? I'm only guessing but was it an original prototype of MacQuarie that was substantially different from the existing model of HL 197? I think Fred, (God Bless his soul!), donated over $5,000 for that one-of-a-kind HL.

Perhaps someone else who attended the Baltimore Reunion will remember exactly the piece Fred purchased and the purchase price.

cool Bob cool