Rock, I enjoyed reading your description of the keeper's houses. I know what you mean about the scanner. I just spent considerable time tonight playing around with mine. I'm trying to post photos with some glass/collectibles I want to sell on E-bay.
First I couldn't get them to show up. Now the photos do but I'm not happy with the quality. They are fuzzy (not the actual pics). Tried reducing size, didn't help. I'm sure there is some simple thing I'm not doing right.

The details of the journey necessary to get supplies brought back memories of our first night in Oregon. We left the Portland airport in our rented car and intended to start at Astoria. Somehow we crossed the coast range & ended up in Tillamook. After dinner we drove past the bay on our search for the Pacific. It was a large bay for the keepers families to have to cross. Then we found Cape Meares, the octopus tree etc.

The next morning we stumbled onto the Pioneer Museum that issued the calendar and spent several hours touring it. That is the way our family travels, we don't have set goals, we just stop or head in whatever direction appeals to us at the moment. 'Course I always have a list of lighthouses in the area and point us in that direction.

I'll enjoy the photos whenever you can scan them.

Donna