In my continuing quest to find "Green Water" pieces I have stumbled across a S/N question. I have finally managed to find a Michigan City with green water after quite a search and a lot of work and decision making trying to compare the difference between a blue water piece and the green water piece that I finally bought. There is not a lot of difference between them. I am now working on the last two legs of my quest (New London Ledge and Barnegat). I figured these would be easy as the green water is green water just like my Minot's Ledge. I also have a good guide to go on with the Greenbook's (John's Forum numbers) to go on. WRONG! I have found a dealer that thought he had 4 New London Ledge's with green water according to the serial numbers. They should have also been Canadian pieces by the serial numbers and should have had rods. WRONG! Three of the four pieces have blue water, no rod and a made in Malaysia sticker on the bottom. Two of the pieces are in the high 700's and the third piece is in the low 800's. The forth piece according to the dealer has green water, but no lightning rod and is also made in Malaysia. It's serial number is in the high 800's. He is a highly reputable dealer and is quite knowledgeable about Harbor Lights and is totally confused. He has had three of these pieces since he first received them from Harbour Lights. The forth piece, with the green water, came from another dealer.

Can anybody shed some light on this and explain why the serial number anomally? I thought about a damaged piece and having a lower s/n assigned to a replacement piece, but, 4 for 4 is a big chance of this happening. Let me know you thoughts on this subject as I'm really curious.

Rich cool

Rich