I am absolutely heart broken. Looking at the pictures that Bryan linked to, it looks like the entire back is burned off. I guess I'll always have my steps inside two weeks ago to remember. I'm currently trying to convince my wife to take a day trip next weekend, for what may be a final visit. It's about a two hour drive from here. We had those same storms come through yesterday morning. They were nasty.

As much as I hate to say it, it may be time to finally put her out of her misery.

Here are some interesting comments made in the past month, right here on the forum, in the Lighthouse Duty section:

John Chidester, 4/22/02:
Having seen this one myself, I think "restoration" really means building a replica in place. Maybe something can be original - like that fireplace.
It looks like if anything is going to happen, John may have foretold it.

But the scariest of all came from Rod Watson, 4/21/02, in the thread about the Reedy Island keeper's house burning down:
It's a shame, I really thought Mispillion would be the first to go, but things are looking up for it for now.
Not the first, but unfortunately, the next.

Maybe all other lighthouses are safe for a while. Bad things are supposed to happen in threes:
Oak Island 2/1/02
Reedy Island 4/6/02
Mispillion 5/2/02

Now more than ever, we need to convince Harbour Lights to make this one soon. Even if only as a tribute.