Lightship Portsmouth is part of the Portsmouth Museums. My daughter & I were there again last summer, and the poor lightship is not only parked in cement, it is getting literally built in. High rise to one side & they are constructing another right next to it! I have brochure from there I will try to scan & send, but it is in red so it may be a bit of a challenge.

Get a map of Portsmouth area, and here are the directions from the brochure:
"From VA Beach: Take I-44/I-264 west thru Downtown Tunnel to Portsmouth. Take first (hard) right out of tunnel following signs to Crawford Pkwy.
From Richmond: From I-64, take exit I-664 to Monito/Merrimac Bridge Tunnel. After tunnel, take Route 164 and follow signs to Downtown Portsmouth via High St."

Map shows the lightship at the foot of London Blvd (this intersects Crawford Pkwy. Will need to turn right, towards the Elizabeth River.)

Only cost a buck to visit, and it is a nice visit. Ship is well taken care of. Unfortunately they only allow visitors on main deck.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to view Newport News Middle Ground, Thimble Shoals, Cape Henry & Old Pt Comfort in the Tidewater area! Also an interesting museum in VA Beach - The Old Coast Guard Station.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 02-24-2000).]