Wow, all this interest in the lights of Long Island. You folks could help make my job a bit easier by bugging publishers for a LI lighthouse book. :-)

There are a few ways to go about seeing Long Island's lights...

1. You could freelance it. That's the way with the most freedom, but if you don't know the roads or the history of the lights, you might not enjoy it as much.

2. You could contact Lighthouse Safaris at www.lighthousesafaris.com and get on one of Gayle's trips. The prices are reasonable and the service is excellent. The dates are also on my site.

3. You could take one of the cruises listed on my site. While the June 5 East End Seaport cruise is sold out (and maybe for next year, too), there's a cruise on July 31. Also, there are cruises out of Waterford, CT (www.sunbeamfleet.com)that visit several offshore lights (Plum Island, Orient Point, Little Gull, Race Rock)

4. A bunch of folks could meet somewhere on LI and do an impromptu tour. I have plenty of info on the island's lights and would be happy to offer my services for a day or two. It'd be a nice Fall trip. I'm doing a presentation at the Ponce Inlet, FL museum on July 10 and would be happy to give that same sort of presentation in conjunction with a tour on LI if a group wanted to get together. Who has a slide projector?

Thanks for the interest in Long Island's lights. Now, I really should try ot get some work done tonight...

Bob Muller
Stony Brook, NY
wildbird99@aol.com
www.longislandlighthosues.com

To activate the links...

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 05-31-99).]