Next stop was Ponce de Leon Inlet. And once again, this was an incredible light. Overall, this was the best lighthouse on the trip - just as I was told it would be. There were so many things to look at. Although I reserved plenty of time to explore it all, I could have spent all day here.

The climb to the top was great, as well. After already climbing two lights earlier in the day, it was a bit tiring tackling this one, which is the tallest lighthouse in Florida, but I made it. It was well worth the view.

The Fresnel lens room:

A few shots looking up the stairwell:

After Ponce de Leon we headed back - at the suggestion of a forum member - to St. Augustine to take the night climb/ghost tour. That was a blast. I had actually seen the "Ghost Hunters" episode that featured St. Augustine and knew the history. The best part of the tour, though, was after the night climb they give you around 45 minutes or so to "investigate" for ghosts on the grounds. I used this time to do some more night photography.

First, here's a view of St. Augustine Island from the top:

A couple of St. Augustine night shots:

That wrapped up Day 2. We stayed the night in Jacksonville to get a good night's rest before waking up and driving to St. Marks on the gulf side of Florida and the final day of the trip.