On Day 2, we were up before daybreak so we could get to St. Simons, Ga early. This was the day I was really looking forward to because I've always wanted to see St. Augustine and Ponce de Leon up close and personal.

We arrived at St. Simons around 9 a.m. and I was really impressed. This turned out to be one of my favorite lights on the trip. I think I was kind of looking past it in anticipation of Augustine, to be honest. But it was a beautiful day and I had nice light. Even better was the fantastic view from the top of the light.

Now we were on the road to St. Augustine. Before getting there, however, we detoured down to Amelia Island to get a few quick, drive-by shots of the Amelia Island Light and St. Johns River.

The Amelia Island Light was exactly as expected. I saw the very obstructed view inside the neighborhood, as well as the "no trespassing" sign." Just as I had read, the best shot came from Fort Clinch State Park.

We then drove down A1A to St. Johns River. Because of the schedule, we didn't take time to see about going on the military base. Rather, I just took a few shots through the fence and moved on. I have shots without the fence in the photo, but I actually like the pictures with the lighthouse framed by the fence. Personally, I think it adds a little personality to the photo.