Gloves - check.
Warm jacket(s) - check. (And all the same shade of green, so it matches!)
DVDs - good idea, and I might mail one home each night as well.
Tripod - hadn't thought of that, but since I have a lot of sunrises and sunsets planned, good idea.
Snacks and drinks...aah, the fun part! Food shopping this weekend...and good idea on the Ziplocks.
Ear muffs...don't own any, but have been thinking of getting a pair. They're very available at NYC newsstands, so maybe I'll pick up a a pair today.
Long johns...don't own any...have to figure that out. Same with hand warmers.

This weekend, it's all the prep. Top up the fluids in the car, pack extras, pack my bags, pack my cooler, pack my food bag. I'm planning on leaving at 5AM Saturday 14 May from Manhattan, to save the hour between NJ and NYC. So that means that I have to get everything ready this weekend.

Also thought of something...extra windshield wiper fluid...a lot. Coming back from the NELL trip in January, I used the washer a ton because of the salt. Some extra coolant...a quart or two of oil...some power steering fluid...and all the other things that British cars leak.

I'm almost done putting the notes together, so then this weekend I'll also plug all the coordinates into the GPS. I feel like I've done this trip virtually, via Google Earth, Streets and Trips, Flickr, and all the rest. Lighthousing 2.0, perhaps?

So much to think about...this is my largest lighthouse undertaking yet, and the first long roadtrip on my own. Anything else you can think of, no matter how mundane, let me know...I'm a bit spastic.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the help! smile