Personally I save all the original pieces that come with a lighthouse, including the styrofoam. The only exception has been the peanuts of older pieces that I feel can be replaced very easily, but I'm not really sure why I save it all. I think my underlying thoughts are that it will increase the value if I resell a piece (something I can't even imagine at this point), or it will protect the pieces should I ever need to repack and move them.

I have thought about tossing some of the inserts and folding the boxes to save space where the pieces are not really complex and don't require expert packing, but I have never acted on the thought. There are some inserts that I would keep no matter what, since they would be necessary to adequately protect the pieces. I can't imagine not having the original packaging for something like Eddystone, or the Pharos of Egypt.

Where is all this going? Bottom line I can't bring myself to toss anything related to Harbour lights, at least until I run out of storage space.