I personally throw all styrofoam inserts away because of storage problems for my personal collection. I fold the boxes up, catigorize them and place them in rubbermaid containers in the garage. I place some dessicant bags in the containers to keep the moisture out. The pieces that I buy to sell are kept intact in the den closet for shipping purposes only.

When I die and my kids sell my collection I don't figure that having the original peanuts for my Coquille or foam insert for my New Point Loma will make a hill of beans for the buyer. In the meantime I have a room that is liveable instead of being filled up with boxes filled with foam and peanuts. I' sure that there are others that will disagree, but, then I sure they have a bigger house then mine or a basement or an attic that doesn't get up to 150 degrees in the summer.

In the meantime I'm enjoying my lighthouses without the hassel of finding storage room for the boxes. The boxes aren't that nice to look at anyway.

PS: The store that threw away the foam inserts and wrapped the pieces that you bought in tissue and bubblewrap wasn't by any chance in Ocala, was it?

Rich cool

Rich