Greg,

It is definitely feasible to do the NJ Challenge in one day- if you don't stand in any lines to climb any of the Lighthouses that have waits, like East Point, Sandy Hook and Sea Girt.

The others would depend on the time you hit them as most don't restrict the numbers going in at any one time. You might have some access problems at Navesink. It gets crowded up there if they are not using the high school as a parking area.

Barnegat, Cape May and Absecon take more time to get to than to climb usually.

I'd say if you got to Tinicum first thing in the morning you could get to Sandy Hook by early afternoon while not breaking too many speeding laws. I wouldn't reccomend this method to anyone who hasn't been to the Lighthouses already, though.

You don't get the time to appreciate anything at any of the Lighthouses doing this. I was going to try doing this myself this year if I had managed to complete the Maryland Challenge- unfortunately we didn't get to turkey Point until Monday so I decided to just go to a few of the Lighthouses- including your favorite Hereford Inlet. laugh

We stopped at Finn's Point and East Point on the way and did not run into any Wackos along the way- although we did get to see some friends from the NJLHS and the different Lighthouses along the way.

I'm hoping to not have other committments next year so we can volunteer again- we had a wedding on Saturday and were not sure how late a night it would be so we passed this year on volunteering.

We were hoping to meet with Rick (kory63) who we spent time with in FL at the REgional in March but apparently I miss read his cellphone number and when I called I got somebody who didn't know what the hell I was talking about- probpably thought I was some kind of Wacko.

Dennis

Dennis