Had to continue my earlier post here.... since it was originally posted not only have the images been moved (had to dig into the archives to find those pictures!), but the forums software now only allows 8 images where it used to allow about 12. Anyway, here is "the rest of the story"...

Saturday morning we were off to Sapelo, which is looking very nice (but already needs some mold cleanup on one side of the tower! Kinda humid there.)

On the way south to head over towards St. Marks, we stopped at St. Simons as Derith had not been there previously. They are doing some work on the keeper's quarters, and there was scaffolding on both ends of the building which made for less than stellar pics, but I did get one of Derith out on the parapet at the top of the tower..

As Derith noted, Sunday was St. Marks day and what a day it was! Early on it was windy, but the sky was beautiful and the light is in wonderful shape. The CG has gotten it into very nice shape for its transfer of ownership. I'll bet there were 15 people who were able to climb that day while it was open. Wish I had the video camera with me when Derith was out on the parapet "yoo hoo"ing people at ground level to try and tell them they could climb.

All in all, a wonderful weekend. Three Lighthouses I had seen before and three new ones to add to the tally. As we have all said before, these forums have opened to us some great friendships and wonderful lighthousing opportunities. As Paul would say, "it just doesn't get any better than this!"