I flew in Thursday afternoon, and had arranged to meet a gentleman at the Amelia Island Light, one that is fenced in and in the middle of a residential neighborhhod. I was running a little early, but unfortunately, he was running late and I wouldn't be able to get on the grounds until about 6:45 (sunset at 6:30). Well, better than no opportunity, so I took a few distant pictures across the marsh

I was fascinated with the small rays of light radiating from the light and thought I would try to capture one

The tower does need a paint job, but it is really isn't too bad for being over 160 years old!

Friday morning I was able take a few quick pics of St. Augustine, but didn't have time to visit and climb (had on previous visits).

Main stop for the morning was to be Ponce Inlet. Also happened to be Bike Week in Daytona. Pulled into the parking lot at just before opening time at 10, and found it very full, with my car being the only vehicle on 4 wheels! Ponce is in great shape, with the tower having been recently worked on, and new paint.

Thos big old spiral stairs always seem to fascinate. They do make interesting photo subjects.

The main reason I had wanted to re-visit Ponce was the fantastic lens display they have. The building is built just to display lens, and they are simply magnificent. The Cape Canaveral 1st order lens has to one of the finest (if not the finest) lens displays anywhere.

Real rough trip back to Jax to pick up Derith at the airport - took me better than 3 hours to make a 2 hour trip. Love it when you are cruising at 80 one minute and stopped in an interstate parking lot the next minute. Those Floridians have to stop (not slow down, stop) every time there is something along the road - a cop, a stalled vehicle, a blade of grass. Makes for high stress when you allowed a little extra time but not 150% of normal and you are running late! Maybe they were still looking for presidential ballots.

Friday afternoon was our trip out over Cumberland Island, and dinner at a really neat waterside restaurant. We had a table next to the window, overlooking the fishing boats. Suppose the seafood they served was fresh???