Hello,

I really enjoy looking at other forum members' photos and hearing your stories. So, I thought I would post a few of mine from my annual trip to Washington State in June. If I get around to it, I'll also post a few photos from my Hawaii vacation in February and my trip to the Apostle Islands earlier this month.

Because we were arriving in Seattle late in the afternoon, we had planned to spend the night near Mukilteo Lighthouse. It gave me the chance to see this lighthouse at night for the first time. Though it was raining when we arrived in Seattle, it cleared up just in time to see a beautiful sunset.

Usually we spend hours by Lime Kiln Lighthouse, waiting for the whales to pass by. This is actually how my passion for lighthouses started. This year we rented a beautiful waterfront house on the side of the island where the whales pass by, and we did not go to the lighthouse every day. We did visit Lime Kiln our last evening to watch the sunset.

We had great weather the week we spent on San Juan Island and had some amazing encounters with the whales. I have actually gotten very close to whales from shore (within 10 feet) and occasionally from a boat. I have never been lucky enough to get this close while kayaking.

After we left San Juan Island, we spent our final night in Washington on Vashon Island so that we could see the Point Robinson Lighthouse. Unfortunately it was little overcast, and you can't see Mount Rainier in the photo. Actually, I just realized that I haven't taken the time to scan my Point Robinson photos.

Tammy