DERITH RULES AS QUEEN OF THE TOUR GUIDES! HIP HIP HORRAY! cool We went places that I would never had thought I'd go. I climbed mountains eek that I never thought I could. Our luncheon tour of San Francisco Bay was not on a regular tour boat...it was a "FIRST CLASS YACHT" with waiters in tux's. It was a "royal treat."

We had the very best bus driver, Joe Mountain. His wife Sue came along too and she was such a dear person. They too help make this a special trip. They are now "lighthouse followers." By the end of the trip Joe had so many lighthouse pins on his lighthouse hat that I think he could hardly pick it up.

The Tampa Bay HL Collecters Club people are the best. Those of us that did not belong with this club were made to feel very much apart of this fun group.

It was great having Elinor DeWire along too because she gave us so much history on the lights in OR and WA. She is also a lot of fun. She added an extra name to Derith's nickname, she calls her "Pixie from Dixie"

It also turned out well meeting and rooming with my new friend, Joy. I must say I was a bit apprehensive when Derith told me I'd have a roommate. My first thoughts were, " I sure hope he's nice" :rolleyes: But of course it was okay that Joy was a girl. laugh

The other great thing about this whole trip for me was that I was able to spend a lot of time with a great cool guy, Jakers (Stephen) It's so hard to believe that he will be off to college in September.

The one thing I know you are all waiting for here, I have to say, I still do not know how to post pictures here on the Forum. shocked Maybe someday I will learn how to do this. Hopefully one of our other WACKO friends from the trip will add some pictures.

If you ever thought about doing this trip and didn't make it to this one...I can highly recommend you taking the next year tour. I can sum it all up into one big word... AWESOME! cool
Ruthie smile

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"