Our trip was just great!!! We enjoyed the bus driver and his wife, Joe and Sue Mountain, and the bus was very comfortable. They also enjoyed us and were stunned at the lights, lens and locations.

All the travelers got home safe and sound. Personally, I hated to see everyone disband..but trips have to come to an end sometime. Ron and MJ Foster and Ron and Shirley Drummer went into Washington to see more lights and have a little time with Elinor DeWire.

There were 51 of us on the bus and when the tour was over, everyone said, "let's do another one next summer." I was honored that they gifted me with a special edition of the Golden Gate Bridge. The security in Portland airport thought I was joking when I said the bridge was in my carryon. Then he saw it in the scanner.

The entire 14 days ran very smoothly. We were able to see 37 lighthouse(if I am counting correctly) and 2 lightships. Everyday we changed our minds about our favorite...but Pt. Sur, Pt. Cabrillo, and Heceta Head were the most mentioned.
We took two trips out on the water and 34 folks got to fly over Tillamook and some added going over Cape Disappointment and North Head. We were allowed inside 17 to climb or see the lens. Some were being restored....Old Pt. Loma, Cape Blanco, Cape Meares so we could not get inside. The others we saw, were not accessable for several different reasons, but we enjoyed looking and photographing them anyway. The gift shops that were open hated to see the group leave.

The hotels were very nice and accomodating. The food was tasty most of the time. We did not do a lot of eating together, as it was too costly for a group that size and everyone has different tastes. We stumbled upon several eateries that were great.

We felt like God was smiling on us the whole way. The sun was out almost everyday, except at Reyes, and we had no real woes, except a few colds. We only made three wrong turns the whole trip and they were in towns we weren't familiar with.

I took 400 digital images....many of our group took more. I am sure that Eric will post more later.

I am taking names of anyone who wants to go next year. We will fly into San Diego on the 3rd of July and tour until the 17th, perhaps the 19th. Check your calendars, and email me if you are interested. Booking early gets the best rates.

Now, I am off to the San Diego Regional....See many of YOU there.....until then.
Derith