Fran,

Stan recalls that we wound our way around a road leading to a state park and stopped along that road to take photos. We had to do that because the road to the lighthouse was closed. I plugged in coordinates of each lighthouse I wanted to see to my GPS, and also printed a backup using MapQuest. MapQuest gives the following as directions to get to Point Bonita from Lime Point: Start out going west on Conzelman Rd. toward McCullough Rd. Turn left onto Fort Barry. Total travel time: 10 minutes, 3.84 miles.

Altho' we didn't use Pixie's instructions, she wrote: "Bonita can be viewed from the parking lot that is up on the right of where the tour of the lighthouse begins. It is near the fort. Just keep going until you see a wire fence, then look left."

Re: Point Cabrillo--you can spend the night in the headkeeper's dwelling if that's of any interest. Search for Lighthouse Inn at Point Cabrillo to get info. We stayed at the Best Western Humboldt House Inn in Garberville, CA: 800-780-7234. It's 76 miles from Point Cabrillo.

Only "tip" is to give yourself time to search once you get to the general area of whatever light you're looking for. As you probably have found, locating some of these lighthouses can be a real task and is not for anyone lacking patience.