I think that if they bring the price down, then more people will come. For $8,000, my entire family can go on a transatlantic crossing on the QE2 in an oceanview stateroom. For $400, I can see all the lighthouses and more that this tour features.

I think people realise that they can see these lighthouses on their own, for a fraction of the cost. Yes, the LHDepot tour has a nice bus, and you get to tour a bunch of lights, but I don't think that that's worth the extra $7500.

I think people are looking at what else could be done with that money. Either you can go to a five-star hotel/ocean liner, or you can go on a very nice lighthouse trip, but stay in okay hotels and sit on a bus all day long.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with taking a bus tour. I'd love to do a lighthouse bus tour. But I'd love to go on a transatlantic crossing on the QE2 even more, and I think that there is more value in that crossing than in that lighthouse tour.

And, if I get working on my QE2 novel (which is actually coming together this time), I think we can take that crossing as a tax deduction, for authors' research. laugh