Your trip brings back a bunch of memories for me. On our honeymoon a few years ago, my wife and I went from Sandy Hook, NJ down to Cape Henry, Va., so the Virginia leg of your itenerary I relate too. We are hoping to do North Carolina in the near future, but there's so much to do, so little time.

Anyway, from my experience, the Virginia leg you have scheduled shouldn't be too hard. The Cape Henrys and Old Point Comfort are easily accessable. (Just be prepared to be searched every which way before getting access to the military base at Cape Henry).

As for Cape Charles, that's a funny memory. Because it's on an island, we didn't have that one planned on our trip. However, as we were cruising on the Chesapeake Bay bridge-tunnel on our way from Assateague to Cape Henry, my wife pointed to my left and said "Isn't that Cape Charles?" Yep, it was. Needless to say I did an illegal stop in the middle median, (which you were not supposed to do) ran across the road and grabbed a quick pic or two. It was from a distance, but I was happy to get a pic of a lighthouse we weren't expecting to get.

Just so you know, Cape Charles is tough to get close to unless you have a boat. And from what I've read, the island's not easy to get to even with a boat. I've been told that the view we stumbled on was one of the better ones one can get.

As for Assateague, it is quite a ways over to the island so I can understand why you wouldn't include it. But if you ever get the chance - and if you haven't yet been there - it is wonderful. The lighthouse is very nice and the entire island is peaceful. It was one of our favorite places on the entire trip.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy! You can do it without a doubt.