You are right -- I also remember Kim saying they shipped unpainted items to Canada to be finished.

Harbour Lights had/has a tendency to over order runs by a few pieces. If a purchaser ended up with a broken piece, HL could replace the piece with another, matching the original buyer's number. So that might account for more than 250 of CH1. With lots of broken ones in shipment, they could have used up the 'extras' and reported that they shipped 260.

Keep in mind that many of these were broken in shipment so the number of unbroken ones that reached collectors could easily be under 100.

This is also true of Point Arena. The reported production is the number shipped, without accounting for large quantities that were broken in shipment to dealers and were returned to HL for credit or replacement by the dealers.

I mentioned to Kim once that my 'guess' on the number of unbroken Point Arenas that reached collectors was about 2,000. She responded "you think there were THAT many?" -- like my guess was way to high.