For some reason, I thought you had already gone Dennis. Of course you should take it at your own pace...there is alot to see. When I first went 13 years ago, I had a tour package deal and did 4 islands in 14 days. It was very nice of course, but I felt like I was always packing and unpacking. This time I was there for a meeting so my first week was decided for me in Honolulu and then I decide I would take an extra week vacation and spend it on Hawaii. That was the one island where I especially felt like there was alot more for me to see. I also got to do things at a slower pace this time...having 7 days there this time rather than 3.

Whether or not its on your agenda, I think THE thing to see on Hawaii is the volcano. When I first went 13 years ago, I did a whirlwind tour and just drove on the Crater Rim Road and went on my way. I spent maybe an hour and a half there then. I thought it was cool but didn't realize I had actually missed the best part of the park. This time I spent a whole day there, drove down the Chain of Craters Road and hiked out to the active lava flow at sunset (not that far of hike...about 45 min...but I also took a flashlight, water and had on good shoes as they recommended). Its an experience to watch the earth make itself. Any way just my 2 cents to make things more difficult for you to decide on what to do! smile

Doc John