I think the color difference that has been observered on Pensacola is typical in a production run from Harbour Lights. I have seen several examples of varying shades of color on a number of HL models. Most notably on Currituck, NC. I have seen Currituck with an orange red brown that looks very much like the real Currituck to a shade that is almost entirely dark brown. I believe these "differences" (NOTE: I did not term them "variations") are typical for the following reasons:

1. The entire run of a HL model (10,000 these days is not produced at one time. Hence the paints are not all mixed at once and therefore slight differences in color are the norm.

2. The models are painted by hand by individuals. Now I know that they have specific directions for painting but I don't know anyone who doesn't use a little artistic license now and then.

3. While quality control at HL is excellent, its a safe bet that they don't individually inspect every last detail of each and every piece, if they did so, nothing would ever go out the door because the task would be too time consuming.

IMHO, minor painting "differences" (this does not included changes ordered by HL) will never be "variations" nor will they add significant value to a given piece, besides, in order to be sure you had one of everything (if you are *THAT SERIOUS* about your collection), you would have to own the entire production run of *EACH & EVERY* piece!

Now, I must get back to rattling my chains and scaring the keepers and their guests.

Respectfully,

The Lighthouse Ghost