Hi Dennis,

I have done this area several times and what a beautiful drive you are going to have. I am sure I will miss some light names as I am not looking at a map.

Los Angeles area: Point Fermin and Point Vincente, they aren't very far apart. The public cannot go into either of these lights..I guess you could do some homework, write letters and do some phone calls and get to go into both. Neverthless, they are great photo opportunities.

Between Los Angeles and San Francisco: Boy, there are lots.

Piedras Blancas, Pt. Sur, Pt. Pinos, Santa Cruz(Memorial Light),
Pigeon Point, Point Montara.
Most of these mentioned are not open for tours. But, Pigeon Point and Point Montara are open for spending the night. Pt. Sur has limited hours and I understand it is well worth being there on that day.

San Francisco Area:
Fort Point(under Golden Gate bridge), Yerba Buena, Alcatraz, East Brother , Point Bonita are all a must see. East Brother is a bed and breakfast, pricey. Pt. Bonita is open on the weekends I think. I was fortunate enough to get an appointment to take a tour of Yerba Buena last summer and really enjoyed it.

North Of San Francisco:
Pt. Reyes and Point Arena. There is no quick way to get to these too..You will have to study the map. If you want to see Route 1 and the gorgeous views it will take a long time.

I am so happy that you will be able to do this trip...It is a good one.

Derith