Split Rock is the number one lighthouse on the Paul L Brady long list of favorite lighthouses. It was the single lighthouse that I most wanted to visit after seeing photographs and reading about the history of the lighthouse. After we visited Split Rock it not only became the number one lighthouse that the Bradys have been to visit, it still is Number One. From what I have seen the historical society there is probably one of if not the best in the country. They have produced a videotape, which is a must on the history of Split Rock. When the earth was formed that spot at the top of the rock was made for the lighthouse. While it is the most beautiful setting for a lighthouse, there is also a ruggedness and foreboding air about the place also. The lighthouse was built solid to withstand anything nature has in store for it and you feel that strength when you look at it.

I would recommend that you do what ever it takes to get to the lighthouse. It should be your number one priority. Walk, run, thumb, lease, bus, cab or buy a way there, just get there!

While there are other sites with more pictures etc, I am providing this link to the Minnesota Historical Society you should contact them to answer your questions about transportation and the lighthouse.

Minnesota Historical Society

BTW like Dave said, "did I mention that you must go see Split Rock?"

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!