Jim,

Having lived in the tidewater area of Virginia for 6 years and Delaware also about 6 years Greg is correct... 1/13 it is. As a bonus 1/13 is more 4 lane now than 2 lane as in years past. Having grown up in Richmond on my travel to see family from Delaware I often took 309 to Bowling green, VA and picked up 95 to avoid the northern, Va - DC traffic.

Along 1/13 in DE you can visit Liston Rear Range. You can see it from 13. If you wish to take a detour toward the coast at the DE, MD border, Ocean City, you can visit Fenwick Island light. As greg mentioned just over the border from MD into VA you can take in Assateague, VA and at the bay bridge on the Eastern Shore of VA you can see Cape Charles Light on a clear day from the toll plaza area look to your left. As you cross over the Bay bridge to the mainland you can see Cape Henry new when you cross the second tunnel Island just look to your left.

I am taking that very route myself for the Portsmouth event and on Sunday will make my way to Old point comfort again on route to Newport News and Richmond to visit freinds and family.

Lonnie