After the Sandusky Reunion, Marianne and I headed east through Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York to the Thousand Islands area. I shoot film so most of my pictures haven't been developed yet, but I did get one roll done of some special shoots.

While in the Thousand Islands area, we chartered an airplane out of the Watertown International Airport, actually in Dexter, to see some island lights in Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River.

While Horse Island is extremely close to the mainland in Sacketts Harbor, NY, it is practically impossible to see the lighthouse because of all the trees. I'm not sure this lighthouse would even be visible from a boat.

Galloo Island is about six miles from shore, and this lighthouse could be see from a boat.

The East Charity Shoal lighthouse is extremely close to the Canadian border and air traffic control was curious as to what our aircraft was doing. I didn't even notice all the birds when eyeballing the lighthouse myself.

After the flight we did visit Tibbetts Point on the ground, but it is always interesting to get an aerial perspective of a lighthouse.

The eastern Wolfe Island lighthouse (Canadian) is the simple white tower with the red roof. I don't know if the Thomas Point style structure was the keepers cottage, a former lighthouse, or the current owners summer cottage. It certainly is interesting.

It took awhile to find a land view of the Rock Island lighthouse, but I prefer this aerial shot.

Sunken Rock lighthouse is easy to see from the harbor in Alexandria Bay, but from the air one could see a second hidden rock upstream from the lighthouse.

Sister Island lighthouse was the last one to see from the airplane.
If I had known how difficult it would be to see Crossover Island from the shore I would have continued the flight to see that one.