I covered much of the ground you will be visiting this past September. Jacksonville to Tybe to Miami from Friday night to Monday noon, and then one afternoon to Key West and finally a day and a half to hit Cape Florida and up to Tampa. Be sure to allow plenty of time for Ponce de Leon and St. Augustine. Both are great restorations and have great (and very tall) towers you can climb- inside the towers are even very handsome. Ponce has museums spread through several buildings and has an absolutely fantastic lense display.

If you get to Cape Florida be warned that it has been completely redone and is white as opposed to the natural brick of the HL LE. It is a very well done restoration and has a rebuilt keeper's home you can visit. If you want to climb the tower they only do one run a day, and limit it to 10 people. If I remember, it was at 1:00 PM and not offered on every day of the week (maybe not on Tues/Wed?? - trying to remember; I visited on a Thu).

You will have a little more time to enjoy all the light. I was cruising pretty good- 2,000 miles on a rental in 7½ days, and that included 2½ days of meetings in Miami!

Have a great trip!

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 01-29-99).]