Even though we're already almost 1/12 into 2008, it's really not the lighthouse season yet. Curious what everyone's 2008 hopes and dreams are for lighthousing.

For me:

Cape Cod and the Islands. I've been to the former, but need to get closer to a few. The Islands will be totally new. I have a trip planned here in May by bike, and another possiblityy in June to finish off with Gay Head (which is FAR!).
Long Island. I need to get a bit more done here. I've done Montauk, and all the eastern Sound lights by sailboat. I need to fill in gaps like Fire Island and Horton Point and Eatons Neck...the list goes on. Considering the challenge, but there is that whole "other people" component I love and hate about the challenge concept.
Staten Island. There's a few here I need to see. In fact, I may be celebrating my 18th birthday weekend by driving in alone to see them, legally driving in NYC alone for the first time. It bugs me. They're so close.
Cheapeake/Delaware. Maybe a bit of a lower priority, but I want to do something in this region this year. Maybe a Cape May Whale Watcher trip, maybe a Range Lights of Delaware Roadtrip, maybe a Chesapeake boat trip. Not sure.
New Jersey. I want to revisit all the NJ lights, with my newer photo equipment and more sophisticated understanding of lighthouses. Again, don't really want to do the challenge here, especially as I like volunteering during it. But I like the weekend concept...with a few extras thrown in.

And on the International Front...

Canada. I don't care where, I want to set foot on Canadian soil and photograph Canadian lighthouses. The considerations are either the Great Lakes (Onatrio/Erie from Canada side) or PEI (less likely because of that enticing "Maine" in the middle, and the less enticing "Maine In Summer." Look for this one on the 2009 list).
UK. We're going on our QE2 trip in April, and though we don't plan much lighthousing, I have a few figured out in Southampton and London.

And...

Events. I want to do more collective lighthousing this year. Try to hit the Regionals if the timing works. Definitely try to hit all the NELL events, which are great, easy, fun weekends. Maybe rejoin the Chesapeake Chapter and do a boat trip there. Lighthousing is more fun in groups!

What do you plan this year? Maybe we can get some impromptu Wacko events going on, from a group on a scheduled boat trip to a few of us going on a roadtrip together. That's part of the fun of lighthousing.