My trip to Virginia and the Outer Banks has begun. I flew into Baltimore from Phoenix yesterday and on landing at BWI, got pretty nice views of Sandy Point Shoals and Baltimore Harbor (or was it Point-No-Point?) frown

I could also see the island on which Fort Caroll is located.

Changed planes in BWI for Norfolk at arrived at 4:30 PM. I took care of some business matters and joined the chat for a few minutes. This morning, a client meeting in Virginia Beach, then on the road to the Outer Banks!

I've worked with this client for about 10 years and have never met the key people there so that is going to be fun.

My only other trip to the Outer Banks was probably 30 years ago, and at that time, I didn't visit or view any lighthouses. I did visit the Wright Memorial and am looking forward to seeing that again in the year marketing the 100th Anniversary of their major accomplishment of making powered flight work.

Hope to visit the Lighthouse Gallery & Gift shop this afternoon after arriving in Nags Head and showing off the Lighthouse Stickers program.

Since I'm using AOL to connect to the Internet I have a new appreciation (not) for dial up and 56K connections.

There is a new problem, apparently for AOL users. A new kind of 'instant message spam' that drops pop-up unwanted messages onto your screen while connected to AOL. This AOL says is NOT their fault, but is a problem with Windows. Most of the messages appear to be from 'helpful' senders on how to BLOCK these kind of messages. (Yea, and if you believe that, I have a lighthouse I'd like to sell you.)

More tonight from the Outer Banks.