I'm thinking of taking a trip to Vermont in November before Thanksgiving. I've never been to Vermont, and my grandson lives there now. My daughter (his mother) doesn't think it will be convenient, and my husband isn't that thrilled by the idea, but I think my daughter has the wrong idea about the trip - thinking it would be like my mother's trip when she visited and stayed a month.

I'd like to work some lighthousing into the trip and revisit places we've lived or have a connection with. This is a tenative route and maybe you can tell me if there are other lighthouses that should be included.

Starting in Leonardtown Maryland where we live, I want to drive up to Milbourne right outside Philadelphia where my grandparents used to live, and I thought we might swing by Marcus Hook Rear Range light in Delaware on the way, and then go to see Turtle Rock on the way to visit my grandparents' graves in Abington, and possibly stay on the Navy base in Willow Grove

The next day go up via the Tappen Zee Bridge and visit Sleepy Hollow and spend the night in Hartford where my granddaughter and her husband live.

The following day we would drive up to Brandon Vermont where my grandson lives - I think we can get a condo up there for a week and tour around that area.

Then on the way back we would go through Sunapee down to Hanscom AFB - we lived for a summer in Lexington MA and we've never been back.

The next day I would go to Woods Hole where we used to spend every summer and see Nobska light and then across to Newport RI, and pass by the house where we used to live in Green RI. We would cross into CT and in New London take the ferry to Long Island. (I've never been to Long Island)

I thought we might see Fire Island while we were driving south on Long Island and then we would pass into NJ and go to my sister's house in Princeton.

From Princeton, we'd go back home.

What really good lighthouses am I missing that I can do without digressing too far.