Well we're just back from our 21st camping trip to Montauk, and as usual I found some new nooks and crannies that I somehow missed on previous trips.
Weather was great,(only rained one night while we were sleeping) 80 degrees, partly to mostly sunny, water temperature 70+, waves could have been better, lobster yummy ( right John? ). 7 days camping on the beach - "Is this heaven?"(Field of Dreams)
Did a sunset and sunrise (5:45am est)at the Lighthouse - photos to follow (get ready Kristin). The sun really doesn't set so you can see it from land (not like a computer enhanced one I've seen - John and Paul!) I guess if I was way out on a boat I could probably get the right angle? Maybe next year Bob M.?
Walked completely around the riprap on the point and found the trail down to the southwest side of the beach that leads back to the parking lot.
Now for some 'off the wall' happenings:
I'm sitting listening to a radio station from New London, Conn about 5 pm one day and it was the "Ron Foster Show"! Is this our Ron Foster or a relative? It was kind of wacky, and didn't sound like "our" Ron but ...
Saturday night we're at the movies and who's sitting behind us NYC exMayor Ed Koch, no doubt doing a movie review for his new occupation.

LONG ISLAND BOB