MOMBO, The original Pier Light was located on top of the steel 2 story pier at the foot of Sate Street (Main Drag throught downtown Erie) up until 1997 for sure. This was the last time in Erie (for my Father's funeral). I know that they were talking about relocating this light at that time. Now it is possible that their could have been two pier lights and the only one I knew about growing up was this one. The pier was a common gathering place during my teen years and quite a few open air dances were held on the top deck under the pier light. The exact location of the Erie land light was always mentioned to be at the top of the hill at the entrance to Presque Isle Park near the Waldemere Amusement Park and as I have never seen it physically, I will bow to your location. This will mean that I will be forced into returning to my home town haunts in the near future so I can actually see what they have done with the Pier Light that was a part of my teenage years. Who would have known that growing up dancing by the light of the Pier Light would have turned into my love of lighthouses.

Rich

Rich