Steve, the best way for ask for suggestions on lighthouse trips is to post it as a separate topic, not as part of another thread. So, to make it easier for people to respond to your specific request for ideas, here is the original post you made:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbird:
Boy, did I get in on the wrong end of the train or what?? eek eek

I don't know if I should be the last to comment, or the first to re-direct us on topic wink !

Anyway, I'm thinking that our plans for vaca- tion(s) will carry us to Bald Head and Oak Island, NC; then after a few days in Myrtle Beach, maybe to Hunting Island, SC on the way to Savannah, GA and Tybee Island; then, on the second one, go through NJ where we will try and see some if they aren't too far off the beaten path on the way to Portsmouth Harbor, NH, then into Maine to Lighthouse Depot and at least Cape Neddick (Nubble); then into the White Mountains of NH. Now, obviously, that's alot of travel for 9 or 10 days, but what lights along the way (other than NC and Sullivan's Island which we've seen) are close to the best path of travel from the SE coast of VA? We've been to Portland and up to Bar Harbor about eek 10 yrs. ago (sheesh, that long confused ), so we're not going much further than Wells (or Biddiford) and don't have time to take those 1/2 day excursions (like Pemaquid), nor take boat trips either.

Any ideas, suggestions? Someone suggested saving time over I-95 and taking the Lewes Ferry to save time, but though that takes us up by several lights, and would be more relaxing, to me, that's adding time!?!

Steve